The Great Hall of Spins bonus feature
This is an innovative bonus round, in that as you earn more entries into the Hall, more free spins become available. There are four Halls, each with its own character and reels, and access is only granted to a higher Hall after the feature has been triggered a set number of times:
- Valkyrie (after 1x bonus triggers): 10x free spins and all wins multiplied 5x
- Loki (after 5x bonus triggers): 15x free spins and Wild Magic feature, where Wild Magic symbol on reel 3 randomly transforms other symbols into wilds
- Odin (after 10x bonus triggers): 20x free spins and Wild Raven feature, where ravens randomly turn symbols into 2x or 3x multipliers (6x multipliers if both ravens land)
- Thor (after 15x bonus triggers): 25x free spins and Rolling Reels feature, where rolling reels trigger 2x-5x multipliers and multiple consecutive wins
Graphics and Sounds
Although much of the look of the first version has been retained, the production values have gone up in this later edition. The theme, figures and images taken from Norse mythology, and the characters are created in a bold, heroic style reminiscent of gaming and fantasy fiction. The accompanying music is suitably full of awe and majesty, without being overbearing, with wins punctuated by the crash of thunder and trumpet blasts. Overall, this is one of the most aesthetically pleasing online pokies on the market today.
The maximum jackpot on Thunderstruck II is 2,430,000 coins (up to $121,500) during the Wildstorm feature, when all five reels are wild. During base play, 5x Thunderstruck II wild symbols = 10,000x coins (up to $500), while 5x Thor’s Hammer scatter symbol = 200x total bet (up to $3,000).
The progressive slots nature of the Great Hall of Spins bonus round is an innovative feature that makes playing the game for extended periods of time increasingly lucrative. The Wildstorm feature is also an imaginative feature, which is extremely lucrative, being potentially worth up to $121,500.
- wild and scatter symbols
- wild reels
- paytable achievements—earned by completing all payouts for each symbol; paytable then changes to gold and enables players to keep track of winnings