Free Spins are an excellent way to play pokies without needing to put your hand in your pocket. We’re a well-connected bunch and, because we know the right people, we can get you access to great deals – the inside scoop, as it were.
No Deposit Free Spins Bonus
When casinos offer you a freebie, they almost always require that you DO something to claim it. Whether the promotion is used as an incentive for you to register an account or to sign up for the loyalty programme, the casino will always have a hoop for you to jump through to access the freebie.
If you’re hunting for a new casino anyway and already planned to register, this is a win-win situation. The requirement attached to claim the freebie is a hoop, not a ring of fire.
Some offers may require you to play a specific pokie but, every now and then, you get to choose which games you want to play.
You’ll always get more when you pay though. Signing up for a new casino account can get you around 20 free spins, but adding as little $10 to your account often gets you over 100 free spins.
Is a No Deposit Bonus Free Money?
Only in the sense that you get to play a game or two without using money of your own. Many casinos will expect a deposit at some point and, if you win anything, the casino usually requires that you add funds to your profile before you cash out your winnings.
Welcome Bonus Free Spins
Online casinos have figured out which bonus offerings attract the most sign ups so, bonus packages usually have one, or a combination of these components:
- Deposit $X and receive a Y% match bonus (up to a certain amount)
- Deposit $X and receive Y free spins
- Register an account and receive Y free spins
- Refer a friend and unlock free spins
For the high rollers, certain casinos will add up to 50% extra to whatever the player loads onto their account.
Whenever a casino gives you something for nothing, there will be an expectation that you will meet specific requirements, like wagering at least 40 times your deposit, before taking home anything you’ve won. Always read the full terms and conditions before committing!
Free Spins Tips for New Zealand Players
How Free Spins Work
Free spins are usually set at the minimum bet, especially when they are part of a no deposit bonus. In other words, you can get 20 free spins, but you’re only allowed to bet $1 at a time. Also, play is often limited to the first 24 hours after you’ve signed up.
Winnings are often capped too, so expect to win no more around $100 at most NZ casinos.
Free Spins Bonuses For New Players
Terms and conditions apply here too so don’t be surprised if those “200 free spins” are split over several days. The way that these are managed differ from one casino to the next but many sites will give you a large percentage to be used immediately, with the rest split up over a short period of time.
When operators noticed that this offer no longer yielded as many players as it did a few years ago, a few New Zealand casinos started offering “fair spins” as a Welcome Bonus. This is where you make the necessary deposit, get your free spins but don’t have any red tape of a wagering requirement. So, once you win, you can cash out immediately and walk away with your prize.
Free Spins For New Games
Once you’re registered with a casino and signed up for the marketing emails, free spins can be offered when a new game is launched and the casino is keen for you to give it a try. It is often a great way for players to discover a new favourite game.
Free Spins On Your Mobile Device
Casinos who have recently launched a mobile-friendly addition to their casino or who are wanting to encourage players to use the casino on their smartphone may offer exclusive free spins.
While you may need to claim the free spins on your mobile device, some casinos have the option of syncing your account so, once the spins have been assigned to your profile, you may be able to use them on your desktop computer too.
Given the nature of our lives and the sheer madness of everyday life, having a casino in your pocket as long as you have a smartphone with a stable internet connection is a major drawcard for many players.
How To Secure Your Winnings
Winnings received from the no deposit promotion are moved to a separate section of your profile and cashing out can only happen once you have made a deposit. The deposit required is usually between $10 and $20 so, if you’ve won a large amount, this won’t be a challenge. You’ll get that money back, and then some, once you receive your prize.
Don’t Skip the Fine Print
All promotional offers have requirements to ensure that the promotion doesn’t get abused. Look out for these to avoid disappointment.
- Minimum deposit – Once you have made use of the no deposit free spins, don’t be surprised if you need to make a small deposit in order to use or cash out your winnings.
- Time limit – promotional offers usually need to be used within a certain period of time. Make sure you understand how long you have to enjoy the promotion and plan accordingly.
- Maximum winnings limit – Free spins often mean you can only win up to a certain amount. While it differs from one casino to the next, the maximum most sites will allow you to win is around $100.
- Wagering requirement – Before you cash out your winnings, you will be required to wager a set amount.
- Understand the playthrough – Depending on which game you’re playing, different games help you meet the game weight contribution at different rates.
- Good news for New Zealand pokies players: Slot games nearly always contribute 100%. This means that for every $1 you wager, $1 gets contributed towards meeting the playthrough.
- NB: This does differ from one casino to the next especially when it comes to progressive jackpot pokies so make sure you know the rules.
It’s our job to do all the research and equip you with as much information as possible to aid you in making the right choice when it comes to free spins. We will always look out for the best deals to make sure you have the best chance at scoring great promotional offers!