- Added Gamble Feature to boost small wins
- Wins in Free Spin round come with 3x multiplier
- Dated sounds and visuals
- Low RTP
Features of Game Name
- Slot Type: Video Pokie/Vegas Pokie
- Features: Scatters, Multiplier Wilds, Free Spins, Gamble Feature
- Progressive Jackpot – No
- Jackpot Slot – No
- Theme: Egypt
- Provider: Aristocrat
- Release date: 2010
- RTP: 94.88%
- Volatility: Medium
- Paylines: 20
- Reels: 5
- Rows: 3
- Min/Max bet: NZ$0.05 - NZ$100
- Max Win: 1250x total bet (NZ$125,000)
Themes and Audio-Visual Design
Aristocrat develops casino games for both the land-based and online casino industry. Queen of the Nile is a classic example of a cross-over game. This Egyptian-themed slot was made popular on the floors of brick and mortar casinos around the world.
Having come out in 2010, the visuals are quite dated and simple when compared to newer slots in the same category, but it is the allure of its iconic status that keeps players coming back for more. The soundtrack has an Eastern feel to it and fits the mystical game theme well. The reel effects are quite generic though and spin almost silently and then click into place when they halt.
The theme is brought to life through innovative symbol designs that adorn the reels with bright colours that are aptly fitting with the art from this ancient era. The symbols include:
- Cleopatra (Wild Symbol): Pays up to 9,000x line bet
- Pyramid (Scatter) Pays: Pays up to 400x total bet
- Pharaoh: Pays up 750x line bet
- Bracelet: Pays up 750x line bet
- Scarab: Pays up 400x line bet
- Eye of Horus: Pays up 250x line bet
- Lotus: Pays up 250x line bet
- A: Pays up 125x line bet
- K: Pays up 100x line bet
- Q: Pays up 100x line bet
- J: Pays up 100x line bet
- 10: Pays up 100x line bet
- 9: Pays up 100x line bet
Combinations are formed when 2 or more symbols land on a bet line from left to right. The value of the combinations that are shown in the paytable will be multiplied by your bet per line value to reveal the cash prize.
The pokie is played over 5x3 reels with up to 20 paylines per spin for a bet of between NZ$0.05 and NZ$100 per round. You can rack up to NZ$125,000 in cash on a single spin if you are lucky.
The game math model combines a medium volatility level with a 94.88% RTP. This moderate variance means that the game can pay out a mixed bag of wins, ranging from small (more common) to large amounts (less common). The bigger wins are usually afforded to you in the game’s bonus rounds.
As you would expect from an affluent and rich ancient civilization pokie, the game gives you the chance to win serious money by way of some innovative game features, including a Multiplier Wild feature Free Spin Bonus, and Gamble Feature.
The Wild symbol (Cleopatra) can substitute for any other symbol type, except for the scatters, to help produce a winning combination. All wins completed with a Wild will be doubled in value.
Free Spin Bonus Round.
If you manage to land 3, 4, or 5 Pyramid Scatter symbols anywhere on the reels, you will trigger 15 free spins, which can be re-triggered for extra games.
All wins made in this round will be tripled in value before they are added to your bankroll. This added feature gives players a much better opportunity to walk away with massive windfalls.
The Gamble Feature
After each win in the game, you can take the option to gamble the amount you have won, by pressing the ‘’Gamble’’ button.
Here, you will be subjected to a mini-game on a new screen. It is a game of guessing the face of the next playing card in the deck. You can select to guess the colour of the card (red/black) or choose the suit of the card (hearts, diamonds, clubs, or spades). Getting the right colour correct will double your wins while getting the suit correct will quadruple the win. You can opt to collect on the cash or play again up to 5 times.
If at any point you get a selection incorrect, you will lose the win and all progress made in the game and the round will end.
How to play Queen of the Nile
The game is extremely simple to play.
- Firstly, you will have to select how many active paylines you want to play with. You can choose between 1 and 20. The lower the number of paylines the less your total bet per round will be. We suggest that you play with all the paylines active and rather minimise your bet per line to bring the cost of each spin down if you need to. The more bet lines active, the better the chance you will land wins.
- Next, toggle the bet per line up or down to increase or decrease the increment and keep an eye on your total bet indicator to make sure that the cost of the spin falls within your budget.
- Once your bet suits your liking, spin the reels by pressing the ‘’Play’’ button on the far right of the screen.
- You can toggle the sound and music on and off by pressing on the cog icon and then selecting your sound preference from the options.
- If you would like to read up on the game rules, learn about the features, or see the paytable, you can press the ‘’?’’ button and select from the menu at the top of the screen.
Experience Queen of the Nile on Mobile
Most of Aristocrat’s hit online casino games come from their brick and mortar counterparts, so the game provider is not really known as a mobile-first developer. They do, however, see the benefits in the mobile sector and have readapted many of their games with HTML 5 technology so that they can play instantly from your mobile or desktop browser.
You can play Queen of the Nile on your iOS, Android, or Windows smartphone and tablet in either portrait or landscape mode. The controls are simplified on the smaller screen to save space for the visuals and so that the screen doesn’t feel cluttered. The menu button will give you access to all your betting controls.
The spin and gamble buttons have been moved to the right and left of the screen, respectively, to make thumb control much easier. The game features, sounds, and visuals remain intact across all the platforms.