How Does Paysafecard Work?
Before funding your casino account, you will have to go through a little effort to purchase a Paysafecard voucher. Kiwis can purchase these from any epay outlet. The vouchers are restricted to certain values and include denominations of 10, 20, 50, 100, and 200NZD.
If you would like to purchase the vouchers online, you can register a My Paysafecard account on your desktop or download a mobile app for Android and iOS devices. This way you can manage more than one PIN in your account.
You will also not have to spend the full value of your cards after you buy them but you can stack the vouchers and their balances.
Using Paysafecard is essentially free, however, costs can begin to mount if you do not use them within 6 months of purchase.
A maintenance cost of NZ$4 will be levied after 6 months as an administration cost for the management of your PINs. Exchanging currencies also come with additional costs, depending on the rate of exchange at the time.
There are definite restrictions and limits on your spending on both normal Paysafecard and My Paysafecard vouchers.
- Paysafecard: You can only spend up to NZ$500 in combined PIN transactions at a vendor. Most online casinos will only allow one PIN per deposit.
- My Paysafecard: the combined spend of more than 1 pin is restricted to NZ$500, but you can carry far more credits in your account.
- Maximum value of PINS in account: NZ$4,000
- Annual PIN top-up limit: NZ$10,000
- Annual total value of used PINs in My Paysafecard account: NZ$7,000
Loading up your Casino Account
Once you have a My Paysafecard account or a physical voucher in your possession, you can reload your bankroll in 3 easy steps.
- Head to the Cashiers Page and select Deposit.
- Select Paysafecard as your deposit method of choice.
- Enter your 16-digit voucher number along with the currency and amount you want to transfer.
Once the casino has accepted the top up, you will be able to play all your favourite pokies and casino games within seconds.
Are Paysafecard Casinos Secure?
Paysafecard is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and is regulated all around the world. Your My Paysafecard account is secured by SSL encryption for safekeeping and can only be accessed with a password of your choosing.
However, physical vouchers are like cash. If you lose them, someone else can pick them up and use them, so keep your purchases safe. There is no data attached to the voucher other than the encoded dollar value, which means that your private details are kept far away from the online space.
What are the Benefits?
There are several benefits to using Paysafecard.
- It’s Pre-paid: This means that you don’t have to worry about authorisations failing or authentication issues.
- It’s Instant: Deposits with Paysafecard reflect instantly once the voucher is accepted.
- Fee–Free: Paying with Paysafecard is essentially free.
- Safety: Paysafecard protects your privacy, while My Paysafecard accounts are secured by bank–level security.
- Easy to Manage: You can use your mobile phone, tablet, or desktop to manage your vouchers effortlessly.
- Currency Exchange: You can pay across currencies with Paysafecard.
- Cash Transaction: Paysafecard is one of the only ways that you can fund your online casino gambling with a cash purchase. This is obviously only true if you buy the voucher over the counter.
This list above should provide you with ample motivation to set up your My Paysafecard account without delay for the next time you charge up your online casino bankroll!
Are there any Disadvantages?
There are a few fallbacks involved with opting for Paysafecard Casinos.
- Availability: Not accepted in all countries and by all casinos.
- Effort: It takes effort to purchase a voucher prior to recharging your account.
- Deposits Only: Unfortunately, you cannot withdraw your wins from an online casino with Paysafecard. This means that you will have to use another banking method for withdrawals.
- One Deposit Only: PINs cannot be combined for a single deposit. Most casinos adopt an ethos of ‘one PIN, one deposit’.
- Transferable: Physical vouchers are not tied to any one identity. They can, therefore, be stolen or lost and used by another party.
As with all things in life, nothing is 100% perfect. Paysafecard provides far stronger pros than cons though and should be viewed as a real payment contender.
Choose Paysafecard Payments
Paysafecard is a very popular payment method at Kiwi casinos operated outside of Europe.
The safety and speed at which the payment solution works is perfect for gamblers seeking to play within seconds of transacting. This PCI approved payment facility is tops as far as we are concerned.