The gambling world plunged into a new Genesis in 1994 with the introduction of online gambling. The internet created the perfect bridge to provide players around the world with first-class gambling entertainment right on their desktop computers and laptops. Little did we know how that one step by Microgaming Casino would set the pace for a tremendous boom in technology in the iGaming industry.
A decade on and the next era in evolution would begin with the introduction of mobile casinos. It seems that is wasn’t just good enough to load up your favourite pokie at home anymore!
Nearly a decade and a half later and we have witnessed how mobile casinos and mobile device play has overtaken the craze of traditional desktop casinos and online casino sites. It now ranks as the most-played form of digital gambling on the planet.
The Mobile Casino Definition
Mobile casinos are websites and applications that allow gamblers access to their services and games from their mobile phones, tablets, or smartwatches. The ethos behind the mobile market is displayed in the very word ‘mobile’. Mobile casinos are expressly designed so that players can take casino entertainment everywhere they go.
With life is such a rush nowadays, the market was begging for the option of being able to play ’on the go’. Thanks to mobile casinos, players can hook their device up to the internet and play from a bank queue, on their lunch break, while sipping refreshments at a coffee shop, and just about anywhere else where there is a strong connection.
The Pros of Your Pocket Device Casino
There are some definite advantages to playing casino games at a mobile casino. These include:
- Convenience: How much more convenient could casino gaming be? Simply slip your phone out of your pocket or your tablet from your backpack and viola, you will be spinning the reels of your favourite pokie within seconds!
There are also mobile–friendly payment solutions that can be downloaded onto your mobile devices to facilitate quick and easy deposits and withdrawals to and from the casino.
- Game Selection: Many modern game providers offer their games with a mobile–first mentality these days. You will find that even when you play newer games on a desktop, the game format is suited to mobile functionality. You can, therefore, play all the latest games at your mobile casino. Even most of the older classic titles have been reworked by suppliers for the mobile segment.
- Safety: Most mobile devices come with inbuilt security mechanisms to combat viruses and malicious malware. Thankfully, mobile devices are far less susceptible to these sorts of bugs anyway.
Mobile sites are protected by SSL encryption to ensure that all your data is safe and secure, while all the mobile–friendly payment options are secured with the industry’s best encryption as well.
- One Account: Most new casinos that support both desktop and mobile play will allow you to sign in to the site with multiple devices connected to a solitary account. This means you can play from your desktop at home or from your mobile. You will have access to the same bankroll, bonuses, and more.
Here are a few factors you should take into consideration when deciding whether or not to play from your mobile device.
- Hardware: Modern phones and tablets are extremely powerful little devices. Some later models have similar processing abilities to some of the more basic computers out there and boast high definition display. This means that they can handle the high-quality graphics and sounds that are coded into premium games.
The two most popular device platforms in the mobile industry are iOS for iPhones and iPads, and Android for most other phone brands, including Samsung, LG, Nokia, and more. While punters will highlight the advantages and disadvantages of either platform, the later versions of these devices are all adequately suitable for playing mobile casino games.
- Connection Speeds: The advancements in internet connectivity plays a major role when playing at mobile casinos. These days, phones connect to the home or office Wi-Fi network for super download speeds. Even mobile data speeds have gotten better since 2004. The 3G, 4G, and LTE speeds ensure that you can play games that are far more data-heavy than those developed even a decade ago.
- Software: Some casinos provide special downloadable apps for their sites. The software streamlines the gameplay to suit phones more, especially those that are not as highly specced. In the same way you access your banking or social media apps, you can access the casino directly with minimal fuss.
These casino software downloads are usually available directly from the casino site for Android, Apple (iOS), and Windows devices. You won’t find them readily in the App iStore or Google Play Store.
- Instant Play: The latest technology to meet the mobile casino industry is HTML5 Browser tech. This innovation allows games to be developed with much ‘lighter’ programming needs, without compromising on the quality of the game in any way whatsoever. Because of this, you can play at most modern mobile casinos directly from your mobile browser. This technology is in the process of making casino apps obsolete.
Thanks to HTML5, casino owners are now able to create websites that work interchangeably for all platforms. There is barely any distinction these days between a mobile and desktop site among the new casinos.
Get Gaming in 1, 2, 3
Getting started at a mobile casino is a simple process that can be completed within only a few minutes. While certain casinos may differ slightly, the sign-up process is usually similar. Once you have found your CasinoKiwi supported mobile casino you can log in with your account details if you have a desktop account with them already. If not, you will have to:
- Register an Account: You cannot play at a casino without registering a profile. This is an easy process that will require you to provide a unique username and password. Once this is done, you will need to supply personal information, select your currency of choice, and language.
- Payment Option and Deposit: Once your registration is done, you will need to place your first deposit in order to play. Before you can do this, you will need to select a mobile payment solution of choice to carry out the transfer.
- Start Playing: Once the deposit is made, you can select the game you want to play and be on your way to your next jackpot in a jiffy.
Step into the 21 Century in style and play your casino games without restriction at a top CasinoKiwi mobile casino! All supported operators are fully licensed and regulated to provide legal and trustworthy gambling services to all or customers.